Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beholder

According to David Humes, "Beauty in things exists merely in the mind which contemplates them." I had this funny experience the fist time I got here in America. I went to Walmart to buy a whitening cream.I couldn't find it in their shelves by the beauty department,so I asked a sales clerk. She looked at me kinda clueless. It's as is it's the first she time heard about whitening cream. For us Filipinos, it's very common because some Filipinos use it everyday to get a lighter complexion. It's the opposite here in America because women are sometimes use tanning bed lotions to get darker complexion. My husband was wondering how come  Filipinos hide themselves from the sun, and I told him that we don't want to get darker. He said that we have beautiful color. Some of my friends here said, they hate their color because it's so white. But for me, it's beautiful. My point is, no matter what our color is, what is important is we are beautiful in each other's eyes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails