Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Opsss Miscommunication

I've been here in the U.S.A. for more than three years already. Everybody here who knows me said that I'm already qualified to apply for citizenship. So I gathered all the needed papers and forms and submit it to the Department of Homeland Security. A week later, all my papers came back including my $675 check. I'm not eligible yet. Because they base it on the number of years I became a permanent resident, or when I received my greencard. So ten more months before I submit my application again.sigh....I was even anxious to petition my parents, oh well next year!It's all a miscommunication. My friends thought that I arrived here as an immigrant already but no.I'm on a Spousal Visa, non-immigrant then became an immigrant a year after.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails