Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Food Challenge

Since I saw that balut picture in my friend Jenny's blog I craved for it soo bad so I got myself one dozen of Balut and Durian fruit. The Durian is not as bad as it smell compared to fresh one in Davao since it's been frozen already but still it's good! Hmm yummy!I could still remember those Durian in my auntie's farm, they're big and delicious. But not all people like it.But there's quite a few who really really crave for it. In Alabang, everytime the Dizon farms display Durian fruits outside the Festival Mall, you can see a lot of people flock there and eat Durian like there's no more tomorrow. I remember my friend Peggy when she ate Durian, her husband won't ride with her 'coz of the smell. Days before I fly for the states me and my friends ate Durian at a wee hour in Magsaysay Park right after we have dinner in NR Ihaw-ihaw. Bongbong ate Durian like nobody's business. When you see her eat Durian, you'll be jealous.
Durian does not smell good. But as the saying goes durian fruit smells like hell but tastes like heaven. So last Monday, I challenge my ate Tess who haven't tried Durian eversince. She tried a small piece of Durian. She said it's fine, yeah because she just swallowed it right away.It barely touched her tounge.Funny!

This morning my hubby bring 4 pieces of Balut to challenge his co-workers to eat it. Balut is a fertilized duck (or chicken) egg with a nearly-developed embryo inside that is boiled alive and eaten in the shell. So I'm excited how it will turned out. I told him to take pictures for my blog(lol). So I can't wait!!!!Ain't I'm cruel?:-) As of 6:00 this morning I already ate two! So much of a craving!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails