Search This Blog

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Waste Recycling

Last Monday is our garbage pick up day and I saw huge piles of garbage in our neighborhood. We have three big bags of garbage. Most of it are boxes and gift wrappers. I can't imagine how much garbage are being thrown in the dump. Besides those kind of garbage we also throw leftover foods in the garbage disposal which does not really make me happy knowing that there are so many people who don't have foods this holiday. It's just that we have so much food during the holidays and we cannot just ate it all. So I was thinking, in order to be able to help our environment I am thinking of getting our own composter. I want to get an indoor kitchen composter. It helps in turning scraps of foods into fertilizer using fermentation. I think this is a perfect way of recycling. We didn't totally waste food because it saves us money from buying fertilizer.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails