Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Staying AT Home

Thanks for the post from Sylvester Campbell

Now that I have decided to stay at home with my new son rather than go back to work, I feel bad for not contributing to the household finances. My husband does not seem to mind but I do. While my son naps I have been trying to think of ways I can save our family money. I already clip coupons and purchase as much as I can on sale so I need to dig a little deeper. While at the playground yesterday I was talking to another stay-at-home mom who is thinking along the same lines. She said she went online and searched for Energy Proviers New York and found some great information, including tips on how to lower your energy costs around the home. She did not know all the math behind the suggestions but said that you could find some significant savings by doing simple things. One easy thing she recommended was stopping drafts around windows and doors. A tube of caulk is relatively inexpensive if you don’t already have one and it wouldn’t take long to go around your windows and doors where all the trim meets.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails