Search This Blog

Friday, August 1, 2008

A DAd's Pem to Save his Daughter

DAD - BABY RACHEL - MOM

A sad Dad's poem... This is a beautiful poem. There is an appeal from a Zimbabwean couple at the bottom of message, not asking for anything more than that you hand the poem on. The husband wrote the poem.

TO MY CHILD

Just for this morning, I am
going to
smile when I see your face
and laugh
when I feel like crying.

Just for this morning, I will
let you
choose what you want to
wear,
and smile and say how perfect
it is.

Just for this morning, I am
going to step
over the laundry and pick you
up and take you to
the park to play.

Just for this morning, I will
leave the
dishes in the sink, and let you
teach me how to put
that puzzle of yours together.

Just for this afternoon, I will
unplug
the telephone and keep the
computer off, and sit with
you in the backyard and blow
bubbles.

Just for this afternoon, I will
not yell once, not even a tiny grumble
when you scream and
whine for the ice cream truck,
and I will buy you one
if he comes by.

Just for this afternoon,
I won't worry
about what you are going to
be when you grow up, or
second guess every decision I
have made where you are
concerned.

Just for this afternoon, I will
let you
help me bake cookies, and I
won't stand over you
trying to fix them.

Just for this afternoon, I will
take us
to McDonald's and buy us
both a Happy Meal so you
can
have both toys.

Just for this evening, I will
hold you in
my arms and tell you a story
about how you were
born and how much I love
you.

Just for this evening, I will let
you
splash in the tub and not get
angry.

Just for this evening, I will let
you
stay up late while we sit on
the porch and count all the
stars.

Just for this evening, I will
snuggle
beside you for hours, and
miss my favourite TV shows.

Just for this evening when I
run my
finger through your hair as
you pray, I will simply be
grateful that God has given
me the greatest gift ever given.

I will think about the mothers
and
fathers who are searching for
their missing children, the
mothers and fathers who are visiting their children's
graves instead of their
bedrooms. The mothers
and fathers who are in
hospital rooms
watching their children suffer
senselessly and screaming
inside that little body

And when I kiss you goodnight
I will hold you a little tighter
a little longer.
It is then, that I will thank God
for you, and ask him fornothing,
except one more day..............


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails